Belts and Hoses
Belts may wear and break over time. A belt that becomes worn may slip or also become so slack that it may not function correctly. Hoses may glaze and split after long years of use or when exposed to harsh temperatures. A damaged hose pipe may lead to vital fluids dripping from your engine and may create damage to engine parts. To prevent some of the most usual causes of breakdown, see to it your belts and hoses are checked at routine intervals.
Why service is essential: Belts could wear and break over time. To stop some of the most common reasons of failure, make certain your belts and hoses are examined at regular intervals.
Contact us today to arrange your next belt and hose replacement or other auto repair center service.
Ask your mechanic concerning belts and hoses if you observe any sort of:
- Loss of power
- Squealing or grinding sound
- If you feel vibrations, ‘slips’ or ‘catching’
It is suggested to have belts and hoses checked every 3,000 miles or with every oil change. A belt and hose inspection checks for:
- Glazing, breaking, striping and softening of belts
- Proper tensioning
- Proper drive pulley alignment
- Holes and splits
- Hardening, splitting and softening of hoses
- A cooling system pressure test to help check for cracks
- Loose or worn clamps